Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
Duration: 36 weeks
Study days: Wednesday (16-18yrs) Thursday and Friday
Time: 16-18yrs. 9am-4pm 19 yrs. plus 9.30am-4pm
Available at: Enfield and Gunnersbury Park
Tuition fee: £1,980
Exam fee: £131
This course will give you a comprehensive insight into the opportunities and expectations of the world of modern retail floristry.
You will study a variety of simple floristry skills and techniques that will enable you to construct a vast range of designs suitable for weddings, funerals, events and gifts.
In addition to practical floristry and planted designs, you will also be introduced to aspects of art and design that influence floral designs and develop skills on displaying goods, both as in-store and window displays.
During this course you will also explore the conditioning of flowers, foliage and plant materials, as well as how to identify and assess quality of fresh materials.
This course will require additional private study to successfully complete course assignments and be supported with the educational industry visits.
To achieve this qualification you will have to successfully:
- create portfolios of evidence
- complete written assignments
- complete practical assessments to demonstrate the skills you have learnt
- sit one external theory based exam
- complete work experience.
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least 4 GCSEs at grade 3 (grade D) or above
- an overall Merit or above in Award in Floristry (Level 1) or equivalent
- relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional
environment will be considered
- 16-18 years will be encouraged to attend our Summer School.
What next after you finish your course?
- help you gain employment in the industry as a junior florist
- enable you to progress to Access to HE course, Floristry Advanced Diploma (Level 3), Level 2 Art and Design or an Advanced Apprenticeship in Floristry (Level 3).
If you have any questions about this course, please contact the course manager Melissa.Pauley@capel.ac.uk
Last updated: 03 Aug 2019