Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
Course type: Full time
Course length: 34 weeks
Start date: Sept
End date: July
Study Days: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Available at: Enfield
Tuition fee: N/A
Exam fee: N/A
Material fee: N/A
24+ Exam fee: N/A
This study programme is aimed and 16-18 year old learners and will give you a comprehensive insight into the opportunities and expectations of the world of modern retail floristry. You will study a variety of simple floristry skills and techniques that will enable you to construct a vast range of designs suitable for weddings, funerals, events and gifts.
In addition to practical floristry and planted designs, you will also be introduced to aspects of art and design that influence floral designs and develop skills on displaying goods, both as in-store and window displays.
During this course you will also explore the conditioning of flowers, foliage and plant materials, as well as how to identify and assess quality of fresh materials.
This course will require additional private study to successfully complete course assignments and be supported with the educational industry visits.
To achieve this qualification you will have to successfully:
- Create portfolios of evidence
- Complete written assignments
- Complete practical assessments to demonstrate the skills you have learnt
- Sit one external theory based exam
- Complete 150 hours of work experience.
You will need at least one of the following:
- At least 3 GCSEs at grades A* to C
- Successful completion of Introduction to Floristry (Level 1),
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- Successful completion of a practical and knowledge based industry assessment.
You may be asked to attend an interview to explore your interests, experience and ambitions or complete an initial assessment so that we can help you study. References are also considered.
What next after you finish your course?
Successful completion of this course will help you gain employment in the industry as a florist or progress to our Professional Floristry Advanced Diploma (Level 3).
If you have any questions about this course, please contact the course manager email@example.com
Last updated: 08 Sept 2017