During this short course you will learn the skills required to produce a hand-stitched round leather box and a square leather box.
You will need to bring a notebook and pen, as well as any leather tools if you have them. Please note that the course fee includes all course materials. You are required to wear sturdy shoes and clothes suitable for a workshop environment.
Candidates with no prior leatherwork experience are welcome but will only produce the round box.
You will learn
- A basic level of cutting, edging, staining, creasing and the closing hand-stitching of leather
- The art of creasing, skiving, hand-stitching and hole-punching leather at a basic level
- How to calculate measurements
- This course is suitable for candidates who have basic leather stitching skills
- Some level of creative skills will be an advantage
Successful completion of this course will enable you to undertake another one of our leatherwork short, full or part-time courses.