This is an intensive, part-time, theory-based course suitable for horticulture professionals who want to progress to technical and management positions, as well as keen amateur gardeners and volunteers.
This course forms one of the three parts of the RHS Level 3 Diploma in the Principles and Practices of Horticulture, and builds on your understanding gained in the RHS Level 2 qualifications. You will be based in a classroom.
Please note that you can only apply for this course if you have completed the other two parts of the RHS Level 3 diploma. As this is an exam-based course, you must be able to commit time for independent study.
The new RHS L3 course will start September 2023.
You will learn
- How to carry out garden surveys and gain a full understanding of garden design principles
- How to select plants and features for use within a landscape
- The functions and relationships of plants within a landscape
- How to plan hard landscape features and understand their construction in the garden
- How to build on plant identification skills and plant knowledge
- The successful establishment and maintenance of specialist soft landscaping features and plantings
Certificate in The Principles of Garden Planning, Construction and Planting – Royal Horticultural Society
This course is for completing students only
Successful completion of the RHS Level 2 Certificate in Practical Horticulture and the RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Horticulture
You also need to complete the first two certificates of the RHS Level 3 diploma.
This course will support career development if you are already working in professional horticulture, help prepare you to embark on a career in professional horticulture, or allow you to progress to higher education qualifications in horticulture or garden design.