This is an intensive, part-time theory-based course that forms part of the RHS Level 2 Diploma in the Principles and Practices of Horticulture.
As this is an exam-based course, you must be able to commit time for independent study and have good literacy and study skills.
You will learn
- Plant classification, structure and function
- Plant nutrition and the root environment
- Maintaining plant health
- Understanding plant propagation
- A minimum level of general GCSE attainment including English at grade 4 and above (C and above)
- An interest in plants and gardening
Successful completion of this course should support career development if you are already working in professional horticulture, help prepare you to embark on a career in professional horticulture or allow you to progress to Level 3 RHS or garden design qualifications.
If you complete all three RHS Level 2 Certificates you will receive the RHS Level 2 Diploma in the Principles and Practices of Horticulture.