This is an intensive, part-time theory-based course that forms part of the RHS Level 2 Diploma in the Principles and Practices of Horticulture.
As this is an exam-based course, you must be able to commit time for independent study.
Due to high demand, places on this course are currently unavailable. We are working towards increasing our capacity as soon as possible. Please check back later for further updates.
You will learn
- How to create garden features, including selection and planning
- How to choose plants and the establishment and maintenance of plants and lawns
- How to produce outdoor vegetables and fruit
- More about protected environments and their use in plant cultivation
You will need the following to apply for an RHS Level 2 Certificate:
- A minimum level of general GCSE attainment including English at grade 4 and above (C and above)
- An interest in plants and gardening
You may be asked to attend an interview to discuss your interests, experience and ambitions so that we can help you study on the right course.
Successful completion of this course should support career development if you’re already working in professional horticulture, help prepare you to embark on a career in professional horticulture or allow you to progress to Level 3 RHS or garden design qualifications.
If you complete all three RHS Level 2 Certificates you will receive the RHS Level 2 Diploma in the Principles and Practices of Horticulture.