Students will get the opportunity to study elements from animal care, countryside and the environment, floristry, horticulture, wildlife and habitats.
This course is for young people aged 16 to 18 (or 19 to 24 year olds with an EHCP) with a willingness to work outdoors and an interest in the land-based courses we offer. We also accept young people aged 14-16 who are home schooled on this programme.
Potential students will be invited for an interview that will include an assessment of literacy and numeracy.
You will learn
- Functional skills in English and Maths taught in a practical way using real-life situations
- Core units which include employability, enterprise and team working skills
- Practical and theory work
- Students must be willing to work outdoors and take part in practical activities. An interest in gardening, working outdoors or with animals is a key requirement of the course.
- Students must have achieved at least Entry Level 2 in English and Maths (the approximate equivalent of a Year 8 secondary school literacy and numeracy level).
- An application form will need to be submitted along with information relating to any special educational needs (for example an EHCP, reports from other agencies, or school reports).
On successful completion of this course, students have the opportunity to apply for our full-time Level 1 or 2 courses, or an apprenticeship.