The aim of this apprenticeship is to give you an opportunity to gain confidence, learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the floristry industry.
The apprenticeship will last for 18 months with one day per week at college combined with training, experience and assessment in the workplace.
You will learn
- Level 2 Diploma in Work-Based Floristry
- Level 2 Certificate in Retail Knowledge
- Functional skills in English and Maths Level 2 (if applicable)
- Employees rights and responsibilities
- Personal learning and thinking skills
You will need to:
- Be at least 16 on entry
- Have proven abilities in English and Maths which are equivalent to GCSE grade 3 and above (D and above)
- Be employed within the floristry industry, working on average at least 30 hours per week under a contract of employment
Successful completion of this course will enable you to continue working in the industry as a junior florist or progress to a more advanced apprenticeship.