This course will give you a comprehensive insight into the opportunities and expectations of the world of modern retail floristry. You will learn how to construct a vast range of designs suitable for weddings, funerals, events and gifts.
This course will require additional private study to successfully complete course assignments and be supported with educational industry visits. You will create portfolios of evidence and complete written assignments, practical assessments and a theory-based exam.
You will learn
- A variety of simple floristry skills and techniques
- Practical floristry and planted designs
- Art and design and how it can influence floral designs
- Window and in-situ design display skills
- The conditioning of flowers, foliage and plant materials
- How to identify and assess quality of fresh materials
- You will complete work experience
You will need at least one of the following:
- At least four GCSEs at grade 3 and above (D and above)
- An overall Merit or above in a Floristry Diploma (Level 1) or equivalent
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- Students aged 16-18 will be encouraged to attend our summer school
Successful completion of this course will help you gain employment in the industry as a junior florist, or enable you to progress to our Certificate in Floral Art and Design (Level 2), Advanced Technical Diploma in Floristry (Level 3), Capel Access to HE – Floristry (Level 3) or a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Floristry.