This course will give you a solid foundation for a career in planning events including corporate events and weddings.
It will develop your knowledge and understanding of balloon decor designs, showing you how to apply these creative skills to the events you will be planning. As part of this course you will complete a final research project and produce a portfolio of event planning evidence.
This course will require additional private study.
You will learn
- The key elements required for event planning and coordination
- How to effectively run events linking to the balloon industry
- How to conduct market research
- The marketing methods used to boost event success
- How to effectively price and market your services
- The importance of customer service, risk assessments and safety at events
- Skills to help you review and evaluate events
- How to create a range of balloon decor designs associated with balloon events
Certificate in Event Planning – NCFE
You will need willingness and commitment to learn new skills. Completion of our Award in Creative Craft – Balloon Art (Level 1) or an alternative Level 1 course relating to balloon art. Relevant industry experience will be considered.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to gain employment in the event planning industry. You can also progress onto one of our Level 3 creative event management courses.
This course is part-funded by the ESFA (Education and Skills Funding Agency) or Greater London Authority (GLA) for those that are eligible.
If you are aged 19 or over on the day your course starts, you may be entitled to help with tuition fees subject to criteria. If you receive employment benefits, have a low income, or are studying towards your first substantial qualification, you may be entitled to free tuition. You may need to pay a materials fee if applicable to your course. Find further information about help with tuition fees on our Fees and Funding page.
For some of our courses, we offer a discount for current students. If this is the case, you will see the reduced fee when you select your chosen course campus and start date. To qualify for this discount, you must already be studying another course at Capel Manor College, and be adding this course to your existing programme.