This course will teach you advanced skills in floral craft, giving you the ability to visually communicate and critically evaluate your own designs within the craft industry.
The qualification will focus on the study of the creative crafts, investigating creative enterprise and employment opportunities. Weekly floral designs include a new or developing technique, in-depth evaluation of materials and working towards a commercial craft brief so you can explore the whole design process. You will learn how to produce floral designs in response to a commercial craft brief. All fresh materials and sundries are provided by you to enhance your individual style.
You will learn
- How to plan, prepare and construct complex designs
- How to use a range of materials in your designs
- How to develop and evaluate ideas through the craft process
- Health and safety
- Biodegradable materials
- Visual communication
- The design process
- How to complete a commercial craft brief
- How to complete a final design
- A willingness and commitment to learn new skills
- Completion of a Level 2 floral design course or of an alternative Level 1 course relating to art and design
- Enthusiasm for working with craft and fresh floral materials
Days of attendance
You will be expected to study on the following days of the week:
- 19+ year olds: Thursday
Gunnersbury Park Campus
- 16 to 18 year olds: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- 19+ year olds: Tuesday
Successful completion of this course will enable you to gain employment in the industry as a freelance bespoke floral designer, window designer, floral design demonstrator or function decorator. You will be able to further your skills with one of our event styling or event planning courses, or progress onto our Level 3 and 4 floristry courses.