This combination course will give you an introduction into the creative world of floristry, balloon artistry and event styling. You will be able to express your own creativity and personality through a host of various styles and materials of your choice.
In addition, you will learn weekly how to create and explore a range of basic floristry and balloon artistry techniques which you will link together to produce a final display, using the principles of design to create a fully-styled event.
You will learn
- A range of materials relevant to both floristry and balloon artistry
- Experiment with art and design ideas and techniques
- Complete a final research project
- Produce a basic portfolio of techniques and design ideas
- Complete a final design assessment
You will need at least one of the following:
- A willingness and commitment to learn new skills
- Enthusiasm for working with flowers and other mixed media materials
Days of attendance
You will be expected to study on the following days of the week.
Gunnersbury Park campus
Successful completion of this course will enable you to gain employment in the event planning industry at a junior level. Or you can progress to a Certificate in Event Planning (Level 2), a Certificate in Art and Design – Floristry, Balloon and Event Styling (Level 2), a Floristry Award, Certificate or Diploma (Level 2), a Certificate in Floral Art and Design (Level 2) or one of our Level 2 balloon artistry courses.