This course will further enhance your insights into the creative world of floral design and develop your skills, knowledge and understanding of the creative craft process.
The course will teach you how to develop techniques using alternative craft, biodegradable and fresh materials. You will research recognised designers, taking inspiration to enhance your own designs, enabling you to enhance and develop individual style. You will investigate creative enterprise and employment opportunities within the creative craft industry. At the end of the course, you will create a final design including your chosen techniques to showcase your understanding of the design process. All fresh materials and sundries are provided by you to enhance your individual style.
You will learn
- A range of floral designs
- The use of mixed mediums such as recyclable and biodegradable materials
- How to develop and evaluate ideas through the craft process
- Health and safety
- Floral design techniques
- Creative craft techniques
- The design process
- How to complete a final design
- A willingness and commitment to learn new skills
- Completion of our Level 1 award in floral design or of an alternative Level 1 course relating to art and design
- Enthusiasm for working with craft and fresh floral materials
Days of attendance
You will be expected to study on the following days of the week.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to a Level 3 course in floral design, Level 2 courses in event styling, event planning or floristry, or attempt our Level 3 Access to HE or technical diploma in floristry. You can also develop your skills in a variety of workshops.