This course is ideal if you want to work as a commercial florist or have previously worked in the industry but need to refresh your floristry skills.
You will be brought up to speed with the knowledge and practical skills required for retail floristry at Level 2 and gain an advanced understanding of theory and practical designs at Level 3.
It is compulsory for 16 to 18 year olds to complete an industry placement of at least 315 hours during the academic year as part your studies. You are encouraged to research employers relevant to your study choice and make contact with them directly.
You will learn
- Traditional and contemporary floristry methods and techniques
- The operations of running a floristry business
- The design process
- At least four GCSEs at grade 4 and above (A* to C) or equivalent
- An overall Merit or above in a Level 2 floristry course or equivalent
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained presently or previously in an appropriate professional environment
Before you start your course, if you are aged between 16 and 18 years, you will be required to attend a fun and practical two-day preparation workshop where you will meet your tutors and other students on your course. Further details will be provided at the point of an offer being made.
Days of attendance
You will be expected to study on the following days of the week:
- 16 to 18 year olds: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- 19+ year olds: Monday and Tuesday
Successful completion of this course could lead to a Level 4 course in floristry, or Level 3 courses in floral design or event styling.