This course is ideal if you want to work as a commercial florist or have previously worked in the industry but need to refresh your floristry skills.
You will be brought up to speed with the knowledge and practical skills required for retail floristry at Level 2 and gain an advanced understanding of theory and practical designs at Level 3.
All courses will require additional private study for completion of course assignments. You will undertake practical assessments and work experience, as well as create portfolios of evidence and written assignments.
It is compulsory for 16 to 18 year olds to complete an industry placement of at least 315 hours during the academic year as part your studies. You are encouraged to research employers relevant to your study choice and make contact with them directly.
You will learn
- Traditional and contemporary floristry methods and techniques
- The operations of running a floristry business
- The design process
You will need at least one of the following:
- At least four GCSEs at grade 4 and above (A* to C) or equivalent
- An overall Merit or above in a Floristry Diploma (Level 2) or equivalent
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained presently or previously in an appropriate professional environment
Days of attendance
You will be expected to study on the following days of the week.
- 16 to 18 year olds: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- 19+ year olds: Monday and Tuesday
Successful completion of this course will help you gain employment in the industry as a senior florist or obtain a managerial position. You will also be able to explore your personal development and industry knowledge on a Higher Diploma in Floristry (Level 4) which can lead to becoming a Master Florist or higher education.