This course will teach you the accountancy skills and business knowledge needed to start your future company, or to help progress your career in a variety of roles.
This course provides a solid foundation for basic costing principles, business communication and finance administration. You will also learn effective communication and personal skills to boost your employment opportunities.
You will learn
- How to understand bookkeeping transactions
- How to understand bookkeeping controls
- Elements of costing
- How to use accounting software
- Business communication and personal skills
- Lifelong learning skills
- Beginners business and company law
- Payroll fundamentals
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the subject area
- A willingness and desire to learn accounting and business
- Three GCSEs or equivalent, including English and Maths at Grade 4 or equivalent, or relevant experience if over the age of 19
Before you start your course, if you are aged between 16 and 18 years, you will be required to attend a fun and practical two-day preparation workshop where you will meet your tutors and other students on your course. Further details will be provided at the point of an offer being made. An interview may also be required.
Days of attendance
You will be expected to study on the following days of the week:
- 16 to 18 year olds: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- 19+ year olds: Monday and Tuesday