This course will provide you with an understanding of the initial processes and requirements needed to start up your own business. You will learn how to take the first steps towards planning for a business including all the necessary marketing, legal and financial requirements.
You will learn
- How to write a business plan
- How to complete a SWOT analysis
- How to create a business strategy
- The value of branding identity
- How to fulfil self-employed tax requirements
- How to register with the HMRC
- The handling and structure of cash flow forecast, invoicing and receipts
- Enthusiasm and commitment to start your own business
- GCSE English/Maths Level 3 or equivalent, or BKSB English/Maths Level 2
Days of attendance
You will be expected to study on the following days of the week:
- Thursday, 9.30am to 4pm
Successful completion of this course will enable you to enrol on our Foundation Diploma in Accounting and Business Skills, Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping or Access Award in Business Skills courses.