If you are required to operate chainsaws to fell trees larger than the guide bar length than this course is for you.
This practical course will enable you to correctly state the regulations and safety requirements relating to chainsaw use, as well as how to assess the hazards and risks involved.
All prices include hire of equipment (£35 for external candidates/£10 for Capel Manor College students). All chainsaw assessments require a £50 deposit for a Capel Manor College student or £350 for a non-student.
You will learn
- How to implement the appropriate techniques
- How to use the correct aids to take down trees and de-limb
- How to ensure the timber is cut to correct lengths and safely stacked
- Health and safety requirements
- You must bring your own personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-Cutting
- Level 2 Award in Felling and Processing Trees (up to 380mm)