Pruning operations in arboriculture require you to climb trees whilst using the relevant ropes, harness and chainsaw.
It is essential that you are confident in carrying out these operations safely and with expertise.
This course will prepare you with the key skills needed to conduct aerial tree pruning correctly. Classes and the NPTC assessment will be carried out over three consecutive days and you will be taught in both workshop and woodland conditions.
Courses can run at our other campuses when in demand. Please contact us to discuss arrangements. All prices include hire of equipment (£35 for external candidates/£10 for Capel Manor College students). All chainsaw assessments require a £350 deposit for a non-student or £50 for a Capel Manor College student.
You will learn
- How to carry out arboricultural pruning operations off the ground and in trees
- How to carry out reductions, crown-lifting, re-pollarding, thinning and crown cleaning
- How to carry out a tree hazard evaluation and perform a ‘working at height’ assessment
- What pruning tools are suitable for the required work to be carried out
- Health and safety guidelines
- You must bring your own personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-Cutting
- Level 2 Award in Felling and Processing Trees (up to 380mm)
- Level 2 Award in Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue
- Level 3 Award in Aerial Cutting of Trees using Free-Fall Techniques