This course is for those anticipating working in professional forestry, amenity or utility arboriculture activities and likely to be felling trees up to 380mm in diameter.
The course is delivered on three consecutive days followed by a one-day independent NPTC assessment. This intensive practical course requires a good level of physical fitness and an ability to study written technical information.
All prices include hire of equipment (£35 for external candidates/£10 for Capel Manor College students). All chainsaw assessments require a £350 deposit for a non-student or £50 for a Capel Manor College student.
You will learn
- A range of felling techniques for trees up to 380mm
- Health and safety legislation and industry good practice
- How to remove branches from felled trees using a chainsaw
- How to take down hung-up trees
- Cross-cutting of felled trees
- You must bring your own personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-Cutting