This course is ideal if you work or wish to work in the arboriculture or forestry profession.
The course lasts for five days followed by a one-day independent NPTC assessment. You will be taught in both a workshop and woodland environment.
Courses can run at one of our other campuses when in demand. Please contact us to discuss arrangements. All prices include hire of equipment (£35 for external candidates/£10 for Capel Manor College students). All chainsaw assessments require a £350 deposit for a non-student or £50 for a Capel Manor College student.
You will learn
- How to carry out maintenance (both preventative and corrective) of a chainsaw and cutting system
- How to conduct operational chainsaw checks
- Health and safety legislation and industry good practice
- How to cross-cut timber using a chainsaw
- A range of felling techniques for trees up to 380mm
- How to remove branches from felled trees using a chainsaw
- How to take down hung-up trees
- How to cross-cut felled trees
Award in Ground Based Chainsaw Operation – City and Guilds
You must bring your own personal protective equipment (PPE)
Prior knowledge of working with a chainsaw is desirable but not essential
Please view the related courses we have available and contact us if you would like to request an industry training course that is not currently listed.
Government funding is not available for this course; you will need to pay for your tuition, exams and materials. The fee shown for each campus and course start date is the total fee that you will need to pay.
For some of our courses, we offer a discount for current students. If this is the case, you will see the reduced fee when you select your chosen course campus and start date. To qualify for this discount, you must already be studying another course at Capel Manor College, and be adding this course to your existing programme.