This course is ideal if you work or wish to work in the arboriculture or forestry profession.
The course lasts for five days followed by a one-day independent NPTC assessment. You will be taught in both a workshop and woodland environment.
Courses can run at one of our other campuses when in demand. Please contact us to discuss arrangements. All prices include hire of equipment (£35 for external candidates/£10 for Capel Manor College students). All chainsaw assessments require a £350 deposit for a non-student or £50 for a Capel Manor College student.
You will learn
- How to carry out maintenance (both preventative and corrective) of a chainsaw and cutting system
- How to conduct operational chainsaw checks
- Health and safety legislation and industry good practice
- How to cross-cut timber using a chainsaw
- A range of felling techniques for trees up to 380mm
- How to remove branches from felled trees using a chainsaw
- How to take down hung-up trees
- How to cross-cut felled trees
- You must bring your own personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Prior knowledge of working with a chainsaw is desirable but not essential