This course will introduce you to the knowledge and understanding required for a career as a practical worker within the arboriculture industry.
If you prefer practical learning and are looking for a new career, then this part-time course is ideal. The support and guidance that you will receive on this course will help you build your confidence to the next level.
You will learn
- Chainsaw maintenance
- Basic tree climbing
- Basic tree identification
- Wood chipper use
- Stump grinder use
You will need at least one of the following:
- At least two GCSEs or equivalent
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- Enthusiasm for working outdoors
- You will be encouraged to attend our Summer School
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to Arboriculture (Tree Surgery) and Forestry Intermediate Diploma (Level 2).