This course is designed to provide you with a strong foundation of industry skills along with the knowledge, skills and confidence required for a responsible management position in arboriculture and forestry.
You will need to complete around 150 hours of industry-based work experience, a synoptic exam and two external exam papers, along with three projects.
You will learn
- Professional working responsibilities
- Plant and soil science
- Work experience in the land-based sectors
- Identification, planting and care of trees
- Tree and shrub pruning and maintenance
- Tree felling activities
- Machinery operations
- Aerial arboriculture skills
- Trees in urban environments
- Woodland project
You will need at least one of the following:
- At least four GCSEs at grade 4 and above (A* to C) including a science-related subject
- An overall Distinction in an Arboriculture (Tree Surgery) and Forestry Diploma (Level 2) or equivalent
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- Independent study skills are needed to be successful at this level
- You will be encouraged to attend our Summer School
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to higher education or obtain employment within the industry in a broad range of job roles to include, woodland management, an arborist, a tree officer or tree surgeon.