This course has been designed as an introduction to modern dog grooming. The techniques you learn will allow you to start or build a career in dog grooming.
On both the full and part-time courses you will gain the skills required to work in the dog grooming industry. You will also undertake work experience if studying this course full-time.
You will learn
- Bathing and biosecurity
- Basic scissor and clipping skills
- Handling and restraint methods
- Customer care skills
- Dog health and welfare (full-time course)
- Dog behaviour (full-time course)
- How to groom different dog breeds and coat types
You will need at least one of the following:
- At least four GCSEs at grade 3 and above (D and above)
- Overall Distinction in a Level 1 qualification or equivalent
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- You will be encouraged to attend our Summer School
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to our Dog Grooming Diploma (Level 3) or employment as a dog grooming assistant/kennel worker.