This course will introduce you to the practical skills needed for the agriculture and countryside industries, including working with natural habitats, livestock and building countryside structures.
You will learn
- Safe and effective working practices
- How to work in the industry
- How to manage the health and wellbeing of animals
- The maintenance of structures and surfaces in the countryside
- More about wildlife and conservation
- How to establish plants and sites in the countryside
- More about livestock production and breeds
- At least two GCSEs or equivalent
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- Enthusiasm for working outdoors
Before you start your course, if you are aged between 16 and 18 years, you will be required to attend a fun and practical two-day preparation workshop where you will meet your tutors and other students on your course. Further details will be provided at the point of an offer being made.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to an Agriculture (Farming) Intermediate Diploma (Level 2), a Wildlife and Environmental Conservation Intermediate Diploma (Level 2) or an Arboriculture (Tree Surgery) and Forestry Intermediate Diploma (Level 2).