This course will introduce you to the practical skills needed for the agriculture and countryside industries, including working with natural habitats, livestock and building countryside structures.
You will learn
- Safe and effective working practices
- How to work in the industry
- How to manage the health and wellbeing of animals
- The maintenance of structures and surfaces in the countryside
- More about wildlife and conservation
- How to establish plants and sites in the countryside
- More about livestock production and breeds
You will need at least one of the following:
- At least two GCSEs or equivalent
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- Enthusiasm for working outdoors
- You will be encouraged to attend our Summer School
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to an Agriculture (Farming) Intermediate Diploma (Level 2), a Wildlife and Environmental Conservation Intermediate Diploma (Level 2) or an Arboriculture (Tree Surgery) and Forestry Intermediate Diploma (Level 2).