This course will be focused on livestock breeds and production systems.
During this course you will have the opportunity to be involved with our lambing and calving periods, providing hands-on experience working alongside the livestock at our organic farm close to our Enfield Campus.
You will learn
- Safety and effective working practices within the land-based sector
- Machinery operations
- How to keep cattle (breeds, management systems, meat production)
- How to keep sheep (breeds, management systems, meat and wool production)
- How to keep pigs and poultry (breeds, management systems, meat and egg production)
- At least two GCSEs or equivalent
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- Enthusiasm for working outdoors
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to the Agriculture (Farming) Intermediate Diploma (Level 2).