This course will provide you with the foundation skills and knowledge for a career within the agricultural industry.
You will study four topics from the agriculture course topic list and will be assessed with one external exam and three projects. This part-time course is right for you if you are restricted by time and/or other commitments.
You will learn
- Professional working responsibilities
- Plant and soil science
- A range of machinery operations
- How to manage environmental activities in agriculture
- How to make agricultural business improvements
- Organic agricultural production
You will need at least one of the following:
- At least four GCSEs at grade 4 and above (A* to C) including a science-related subject
- An overall Distinction in a Level 2 agriculture course or equivalent
- Relevant prior learning or experience gained in a professional environment will be considered
- Independent study skills are needed to be successful at this level
- You will be encouraged to attend our Summer School
Completion of this course will prepare you for a range of apprenticeships in the agriculture sector, or direct entry to roles such as a trainee agricultural technician or general farm worker. When taken alongside further Level 3 qualifications to achieve the Agriculture (Farm Management) Advanced Extended Diploma (Level 3), you can progress to a range of higher education courses in agriculture or agricultural sciences.