Duration: 3-day courses from 10am till 3.30pm each day
Course Cost: £215 for the three days
Available at: Regent’s Park
Our Botanical Illustration courses are offered throughout the year and allow students of all abilities the opportunity to improve their observational drawing and gain watercolour painting skills.
There are no formal entry requirements to these courses. You do not need previous experience; you just need an interest in drawing and garden design. However we strongly recommend if you are new to drawing and painting that you attend a suitable course as listed on the website.
Our courses are seasonal, focusing on plants that are prominent in the garden at that time of year. You will learn the basic skills required to create a beautiful and accurate botanical drawing.
All courses will be led by Angeline De Meester; we recommend that you visit her website at http://contemporarybotanicart.com/
Topics will include:
- selecting botanical subject matter
- accurate line drawing of botanical structures
- tonal sketching and understanding techniques for creating shape and form
- colour mixing and use of watercolour washes
- surface texture.
Regent’s Park – Programme for 2018/19
We will be looking at the following topics on our three-day courses (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) at our Regent’s Park centre:
- 24 – 26 September 2018: Greens and vegetables, drawing inspiration from the vegetable patch at Regent’s Park
- 29 – 31 October 2018: Autumn leaves (suitable for beginners)
- 25 – 27 February 2019: Winter subjects – Enjoying Form (suitable for beginners)
- 25 – 27 March 2019: Spring flowers – A small composition
- 13 – 15 May 2019: Painting colourful blooms and looking at colour
- 1 – 3 July 2019: Roses of Regent’s Park
If you have any questions about this course, please email Andrew.Jackson@capel.ac.uk