Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
Start date: September
Duration: up to 2 years full-time
Available at: Enfield and Regent’s Park
Our Arboriculture and Forestry Advanced courses can extend for up to 2 years of full time study depending on which programme you study. The courses are designed to provide you with a strong industry foundation and the knowledge, skills and confidence required for a responsible management position in arboriculture and forestry. You will study all of the topics described in the arboriculture and forestry course topic list and also complete around 150 hours of industry-based work experience.
Arboriculture and forestry course topics
- tree felling
- tree identification
- how to survey trees
- advanced climbing practices
- pest and disease identification
- machinery use
- getting added value from timber products
- woodland management
- forestry recreation.
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least 4 GCSEs at grades A* to C including a science related subject
- an overall Distinction in an Arboriculture and Forestry Diploma (Level 2) or equivalent
- relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- independent study skills are needed to be successful at this level
- you will be encouraged to attend our Summer School.
You will be asked to attend an interview to explore your interests, experience and ambitions and complete an initial assessment so that we can help you study. References are also considered.
We want all of our students to maximise their personal development and prospects for employment or further study. While on your course you will continue to build skills relevant to work and study on our Skills Development programmes, which may include English, maths or computer skills.
What next after your course?
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to Higher Education, one of our professional training courses or employment in the industry in a broad range of jobs, including: woodland management, arborist, tree officer or a tree surgeon.