Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
Duration: 1 year full-time
Available at: Crystal Palace, Enfield and Gunnersbury Park
This practical and hands-on course will give you the knowledge and understanding required for a career in arboriculture or forestry. Topics include: chainsaw maintenance, tree felling, tree identification, tree climbing and machinery use. You will also complete around 150 hours of industry-based work experience.
This qualification will be particularly useful if you want to be employed as a practical worker within the arboriculture industry.
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least three GCSEs at grade 3 and above (D and above) or equivalent
- successful completion of a Level 1 diploma will be taken into consideration on application
- relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- a real interest in the chosen subject
- you will be encouraged to attend our Summer School
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to an Arboriculture and Forestry Advanced Diploma (Level 3), the Arborist Apprenticeship or entry into the industry as a tree surgeon or other forestry work.
Last updated: 15 Oct 2018