Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
Start date: 20 January 2020
Duration: part-time, 2 days per week over 6 months (Mondays 9am – 4pm and Wednesdays 5.30 – 9pm)
Available at: Enfield
Start date: September
Duration: Part-time, 2 days per week over one year
Available at: Enfield
This course is equivalent to one A level and will provide you with the foundation skills and knowledge required for a career within the environmental conservation industry.
You will study five topics from the course topic list and will be assessed with one external exam and three projects. This part-time course is right for you if you are restricted by time and/or other commitments.
- professional working responsibilities
- plant and soil science
- contemporary issues in land-based sectors*
- countryside estates skills*
- managing environmental habitats
- woodland management*
- wildlife ecology and conservation
- machinery operations*
- countryside recreation*
- coastal habitats management
- freshwater and wetland management
- physical and biological environmental procedures*
- ecological concepts*
- managing countryside visitor activities
*Subject to change
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least four GCSEs at grade 4 and above (A* to C) including a science related subject
- an overall Distinction in a relevant Level 2 Diploma or equivalent
- relevant prior learning experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- previous experience of conservation work is an advantage
- independent study skills are needed to be successful at this level
- you will be encouraged to attend our Summer School
Successful completion of these courses will enable you to progress to higher education, undertake one of our professional training courses or obtain employment in the industry in a broad range of jobs, including: ranger, community liaison, junior ecologist, reserve manager, environmental advisor, estate manager or environmental politics.
Last updated: 20 Dec 2019