Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
Start date: September
Duration: up to 2 years full-time
Available at: Enfield
This course is designed to provide you with a strong industry foundation and the knowledge, skills and confidence required for a responsible management position in arboriculture and forestry.
You will study all of the topics described in the arboriculture and forestry course topic list and also complete around 150 hours of industry-based work experience.
ARBORICULTURE AND FORESTRY LEVEL 3 COURSE TOPICS
- tree felling
- tree identification
- how to survey trees
- advanced climbing practices
- pest and disease identification
- machinery use
- getting added value from timber products
- woodland management
- forestry recreation.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR LEVEL 3 COURSES
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least four GCSEs at grade 4 and above (A* to C) including a science related subject
- an overall Distinction in an Arboriculture and Forestry Diploma (Level 2) or equivalent
- relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- independent study skills are needed to be successful at this level
- you will be encouraged to attend our Summer School.
Successful completion of the full Advanced Diploma (Level 3) course will enable you to progress to higher education, one of our professional training courses or employment in the industry in a broad range of jobs, including: woodland management, arborist, tree officer or a tree surgeon.
Last updated: 13 Oct 2018