Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
Duration: 1 year full-time or part-time for adults only (1 day a week for 50 weeks)
Available at: Enfield
You will gain the practical skills and knowledge that are important for working as a professional dog groomer. Independent study skills are also needed to be successful at this level.
- health and safety, legislation and codes of practice for the dog grooming industry
- canine first aid
- canine anatomy and physiology
- styling and finishing techniques
- planning, styling and trimming
- trimming methods for different coat types
- health checking, handling and restraining dogs
- canine behaviour
- customer liaison and record keeping.
You will also undertake at least 10 days external work experience in the dog grooming industry.
You need to hold the City & Guilds Level 2 Dog Grooming Assistant Certificate to start this qualification and have completed relevant work experience in the dog grooming industry.
On successful completion of this course you will be classified as a fully qualified dog groomer, you can start your own business or work for a business/franchise in a salon or a mobile unit. You could also progress to further learning and training in this area to develop your skills.