Unless stated otherwise, students aged 16-18 are exempt from tuition and registration fees.
Download a full-time or part-time application form.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact our Admissions team.Enquire about this course
Starts: September, full-time (16-18yrs)
September and March, part-time (adults) 1 day a week for 20 weeks
Duration: 1 year full-time or part-time for adults only (1 day a week for 20 weeks)
Available at: Enfield
This course has been designed as an introduction to modern dog grooming. The techniques you learn will allow you to start or build a career in dog grooming. On both the full and part-time courses you will gain the skills required to work in the dog grooming industry.
- bathing and cleaning
- trimming skills and techniques
- controlling and restraining methods
- customer care.
If you apply for the full-time course you will also:
- learn how to maintain animal health and welfare
- study animal behaviour
- undertake work experience.
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least four GCSEs at grade 3 and above (D and above)
- overall Distinction in a Level 1 qualification or equivalent
- relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- you will be encouraged to attend our Summer School.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to our Level 3 Diploma in Dog Grooming or employment as a dog grooming assistant/kennel worker.
Last updated: 18 Feb 2019