Environmental Education Programmes for
Pre-School, Nursery, Primary and Secondary School Visits
Capel Manor College is Greater London’s only specialist College of Horticulture, Environmental Conservation, Animal Care, Floristry, Saddlery, Garden Design and Arboriculture (Tree Surgery) with gardens fully open to the public. For over thirty years Capel Manor has been providing school visits based on a variety of programmes. All of which are led by our team of highly skilled and experienced staff.
What schools can expect from us:
- Well structured outdoor education programmes with a biogeography theme providing a focus for learning within the whole curriculum: from nursery to A-level;
- Programmes tailored to the children’s learning needs, for example whether they need help with plant life, animal life or ecological surveys. These can be carried out at Capel Manor, the farm or river, all offering a ‘hands-on’ approach to bring teaching to life. We also have tailored programmes linked to year 10 & 11 curricula in subjects such as English, Science, Media Art and History plus others;
- Information about how to make your school more environmentally aware and about creating habitats;
- 30 acres of ‘themed’ and demonstration gardens, such as the Elizabethan Knot Garden, the Victorian Garden and the Walled Garden;
- Woodland areas and ponds;
- A team of dedicated, expert staff, to lead your visit and ensure a high quality experience for your pupils;
- Free car and coach parking (limited space on busy days);
- All our programmes are designed to make best use of Capel Manor as a resource and to provide a stimulating, informative and imaginative approach to learning. However, we do recommend that only one theme is followed per visit. One activity can fulfil your pupil’s needs.
- Disabled access around most parts of the estate including toilets and restaurant with ramps and firm surfaces where possible. There are a limited number of wheelchairs available to borrow and must be reserved in advance to avoid disappointment. Audio loops are located at the main reception.
- Free car and coach parking (limited space on busy days).
- A designated Outdoor Classroom and garden which gives your students a space to learn about plants and wildlife. It also seeks to be an exempla for teachers, encouraging green innovation and offering ideas which can then be replicated in your own grounds.
School Visit Rates
Half day – £7 per child
Full day – £10 per child
Funding is in place for schools in the London Borough of Enfield so a discount of £1 per child applies.
One teacher/helper is free per six children, any additional adults will be charged at £5.00.
To book your school visit use the online booking form below or download a booking form opposite.
If you have any questions or would like to arrange a Teacher’s Pre-visit check then please contact the School Visits Coordinator:
Call: 08456 122 122 ext 1301
Mobile: 07540 502837
School Visits Booking Form
Please complete your booking details below and we’ll be in contact to discuss payment options.
If you have any queries please contact the Schools Visits Coordinator on 08456 122 122 ext 1301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prior to all school visits a ‘Risk Assessment’ must be booked with our School Visits Coordinator.
We regret that the college shop is not suitable for large groups of children. However gift bags/activity packs can be ordered in advance. Please contact us directly if you wish to make a purchase.
Please note that should you cancel your booking within two weeks of the date of your visit a cancellation fee will apply of £50 unless you are simply changing to an alternative date.