RHS Level 2 Diploma in the Principles and Practices of Horticulture
You will be awarded a full RHS Level 2 Diploma in the Principles and Practices of Horticulture if you complete all three RHS Level 2 Certificates, namely the two theory-based certificates and one practical certificate.
Duration: part-time, 1 day a week for 18 weeks
Available at: Crystal Palace, Enfield, Gunnersbury Park and Regent’s Park
Duration: 1 evening a week for 1 year
Available at: Enfield, Gunnersbury Park and Regent’s Park
Duration: part-time, 1 day a week for 15 weeks
Available at: Regent’s Park
This is an intensive, part-time theory-based course that forms part of the RHS Level 2 Diploma in the Principles and Practices of Horticulture.
- plant classification, structure and function
- plant nutrition and the root environment
- maintaining plant health
- understanding plant propagation.
Because of the demands of this exam-based course, you must be able to commit time for independent study and have good literacy and study skills.
You will need at least one of the following to apply for these RHS Level 2 Certificates:
- at least 2 GCSEs at grades A* to C including English
- an interest in plants and gardening
- relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered.
You may be asked to attend an interview to explore your interests, experience and ambitions or complete an initial assessment so that we can help you study. References are also considered.
What next after your course?
Successful completion of these courses will:
- support career development for those already working in the industry
- provide a route to employment in professional horticulture
- You will need to complete all three RHS Level 2 Certificates to receive the RHS Level 2 Diploma in the Principles and Practices of Horticulture.