RHS Level 2 Diploma in the Principles and Practices of Horticulture
You will be awarded a full RHS Level 2 Diploma in the Principles and Practices of Horticulture if you complete all three RHS Level 2 Certificates, namely the two theory-based certificates and one practical certificate.
Duration: part-time, 1 day a week for 18 weeks
Available at: Crystal Palace, Enfield, Gunnersbury Park and Regent’s Park
Duration: Part time 1 evening a week for 33 weeks
Available at:Regent’s Park
Duration: part-time, 1 day a week for 15 weeks
Available at: Regent’s Park
This is an intensive, part-time theory-based course that forms part of the RHS Level 2 Diploma in the Principles and Practices of Horticulture.
- plant classification, structure and function
- plant nutrition and the root environment
- maintaining plant health
- understanding plant propagation.
Because of the demands of this exam-based course, you must be able to commit time for independent study and have good literacy and study skills.
- 4 GCSE’s at grade A to C minimum including English (other equivalent qualifications will be considered)
- A BKSB pre-course assessment result for English at level 1 or higher (to be undertaken at enrolment.)
What next after your course?
Successful completion of these courses will:
- support career development for those already working in the industry
- provide a route to employment in professional horticulture
- You will need to complete all three RHS Level 2 Certificates to receive the RHS Level 2 Diploma in the Principles and Practices of Horticulture.