Starts: Rolling starts throughout the year
Duration: 1-year minimum
Available at: Crystal Palace, Enfield and Gunnersbury Park
The aim of this Advanced Apprenticeship is to give you an opportunity to further your confidence, knowledge and practical skills to a higher level, enabling you to take on the required responsibilities for employment at a supervisory level in the industry.
The Apprenticeship will last for a minimum of one year with weekly term-time access to College combined with training, experience and assessment in the work-place.
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least 4 GCSEs at grades A* to C
- Animal Care Diploma (Level 2)
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Animal Care or equivalent
- demonstrate substantial relevant employment experience
- you must be at least 16 on entry
- you must be employed within the animal management industry, working a minimum of 30 hours per week under a contract of employment and be responsible for specific tasks or projects at work.
You will be asked to attend an interview to explore your interests, experience and ambitions and complete a screening test so that we can help you study. References are also considered.
We want all of our students to maximise their personal development and prospects for employment or further study. While on your course you will continue to build skills relevant to work and study on our Skills Development programmes, which may include English, maths or computer skills.
What next after your course?
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to a Foundation Degree or continued employment in the industry.